From an award-winning tea estate
Produced using traditional techniques
The true spirit of Japanese tea
Organically grown by an award-winning tea farmer
In the little town of Gokase, located over 600m above sea level in the cool, misty mountains of Miyazaki, Kyushu, Mr. Akira Miyazaki has been producing high-quality organic teas completely without the use of any agricultural pesticides or chemical fertilizers for more than thirty years. This region has a long history of tea cultivation and was recognized in 2015 as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System.
While most Japanese green teas are steamed, the fresh, young leaves used to make IRIKA are roasted in an iron cylinder. This roasting technique, which requires a great deal of skill and expertise, is what gives this tea its distinctive flavour.
An exquisite balance of flavour
IRIKA has a beautiful transparent golden colour, a crisp and refreshing taste, and a brisk aroma reminiscent of a cool highland breeze. Its sweetness and gentle astringency are complimented by subtle umami notes, resulting in a delicate combination of flavours: an elegant compliment to a high-class meal.
※Glass not included
Infusion Time: 3 days
- Type: Green tea (pan-roasted)/kamairi ryokucha 釜炒り緑茶
- Cultivar: Samidori さみどり
- Harvesting method: Hand-picked
- Tea leaf origin: Gokase, Miyazaki, Kyushu, Japan 宮崎県五ヶ瀬町
- Cultivation method: Arc-shaped bush cultivation, hand-picked
- Tea leaf producer: Akira Miyazaki, Miyazaki Sabou
- 1 bottle/750mL, tea beverage, store upright, keep refrigerated
- Best before date: 2~3 months from date of dispatch